Apply to Become the Next FCC Administrator
Job Title: Administrator (full-time contract position)
Reports To: Steering Committee
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Summary: The Administrator is responsible for the day to day operations of the FCC including:
- communicating with the Steering Committee, individual members and the general public;
- enhancing the skills of members to be effective advocates on behalf of FCC's objective;
- preparing daily summaries of environmental news stories;
- tracking & analyzing environmental legislation and regulatory actions;
- drafting op-eds, press releases, fact sheets, & action alerts;
- drafting comment letters and policy position papers;
- organizing environmental engagement events;
- grant writing;
- maintaining the FCC website and social media presence;
- assisting leadership with a wide variety of tasks
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to learn from Florida’s environmental and political leaders and make a difference in the future of our state.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 4-year College Degree and at least two years’ experience in a professional office environment. (Graduate degree can substitute for work experience)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a diverse group of stakeholders and colleagues.
- Ability to multi-task without sacrificing quality of work.
- General knowledge of Florida’s environment, regulatory system and laws, and a commitment to protecting Florida’s special natural resources.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter, resume, writing sample and two references to Gladys Delgadillo at firstname.lastname@example.org with your last name and “Administrator Application” in the Subject Line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The solicitation period for applications will close once an administrator is hired.